On Mon, Mar 08, 2021 at 07:25:13PM +0200, Rudi Dayan wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am sending you a mail again with more details and all the logs you asked, I
> hope now it will be clearer.
>

> I would like to implement smartcard authentication to Microsoft AD with sssd
> on
> Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
>
> I succeed login to AD with a password but when I tried to use a smartcard the
> action failed as the description above:
>
> After a minute of timeout the password window pop up (instead of PIN code pop
> up) and even when I put the correct password, I got the following error :
> "Authentication failure".
>
> When I used kinit using a smartcard with the same user the action succeed and
> got the TGT.
>

> I have attached the configuration files : krb5.conf ,sssd.conf and all the
> logs
> files that you asked: krb5_child.log,
> p11_child.log,sssd_pam.log,sssd_domain.log and sssd.log.

Hi,

according to the p11_child.log no Smartcard can be found. It looks like
you are using a 3rd party PKCS#11 module libsadaptor.so. Can you access
the Smartcard with other tools on your Ubuntu system? If yes, can you
tell me which tool this is and send some sample output. If not, can you
check if pcscd is installed and running?

bye,
Sumit