Am Thu, Apr 07, 2022 at 08:19:47PM +0200 schrieb Francis Augusto
Medeiros-Logeay:

> --
> Francis Augusto Medeiros-Logeay
> Oslo, Norway
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > iirc there is a special VMware PAM module which let user pass without
> > entering the password if they are already authenticated at the VMware
> > infrastructure. So I would expect that pam_sss is not called at all.
> > Additionally, pam_sss would always need a password to get a TGT with the
> > help of the SSSD backend.
> >
> > bye,
> > Sumit
>
> Thanks Sumit.
> I traced what happens when I connect again via the Horizon client. It seems
> that system-auth, and not the VMware module, is called (well, at least not
> the vmtoolsd under pam.d). I would assume a password is sent, as this
> scenario I am mentioning involves passwords - like for example when one
> closes the client and connect again.

Hi,

can you check /var/log/secure or the journal to see which PAM modules
are used during authentication? Additionally setting 'debug_level = 9'
in the [pam] and [domain/...] sections of sssd.conf would enable
debugging in SSSD which might help to understand if SSSD is called
suring authentication and if yes what happens to the TGT request.

bye,
Sumit