Hi all,

I just found that daemon(8) stopped working after I upgraded a jail running on
a 13.1 host from 13.2 to 13.3.

        Host: 13.1 - jail: 13.2 - working
        Host: 13.1 - jail: 13.3 - daemon(8) fails to run

The cause seems to be the introduction of the kqueuex() system call in 13.3
which does not exist in 13.1 or 13.2.

Am I correct in this analysis? If yes, I fear there is no way around that?

Isn't -stable implying there won't be incompatible ABI changes?

This creates a huge problem for everyone running jails on TrueNAS CORE when the
packages for releng/13
will switch from 13.2 to 13.3 ...

Of course this is not the FreeBSD projects fault but that did come as an
unpleasant surprise, nonetheless.

Kind regards,
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH
Patrick M. Hausen

Sophienstr. 187
76185 Karlsruhe

Tel. +49 721 9109500

https://infrastructure.punkt.de
i...@punkt.de

AG Mannheim 108285
Geschäftsführer: Daniel Lienert, Fabian Stein