At Fri, 29 Apr 2011 09:25:08 +0100, Andrew Clayton wrote: > > On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 08:16:17 +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote: > > > OK, but now the patch assumes that it's a mutable output, so the > > auto-mute shall happen. > > > > Actually other OSes seem to mute the line-out as well, so we may > > follow the standard scenario. > > OK, so I guess the bit in the distribution that saves and restores > mixer settings at shutdown/startup needs updating to take this new > mixer into account? as the speaker mixer is always muted at startup > now.
Right, it's the user-space stuff. The recent alsactl should do it right (adjust to the certain level for new control elements), I thought. Anyway, I'm inclined to revert the change once after figuring out what caused the issue on Emmanuel's machine. thanks, Takashi _______________________________________________ stable mailing list [email protected] http://linux.kernel.org/mailman/listinfo/stable
