On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 11:31:12AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 07:21:10PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:

> > Stuff like this is very easy to miss when it comes in the middle of the
> > general spam about stable kernels; the review mails do get rather
> > vouluminous and unfortunately for me they end up going outside my normal
> > upstream mail flow so are even easier to miss than normal.

> How can I make it better stand out?  I added the "WTF:" prefix to try to
> have it be more "noticed".

Not sure.  I think it's partly a time based thing - if I see a mailbox
full of -stable mails in the morning it's very easy to miss one with a
different subject to the others.  I also think that for me not using a
prefix might help, I tend to pattern match on the prefix but I think
that has the effect of meaning that anything that looks like a prefix
that's not one of mine gets filtered out.

> > This is needed because any attempt to fiddle directly with the register
> > cache data structures will at best corrupt memory and at worst crash
> > with modern kernels, the register cache it's trying to access directly
> > doesn't exist any more and hasn't for quite some time.

> Ok, thanks for the explaination, that makes sense.  I'll go queue it up
> for the next stable kernel release.

Thanks.