Forwarding this because his mail doesn't seem to be happy:

--- BEGIN --

 Hi,

I am the Jappix project founder (https://www.jappix.com/ -
https://project.jappix.com/ - https://mini.jappix.com), and we added
full microblogging XEP (XEP-0277) support to our webclient (desktop
edition).

We had a strong need during its integration: the multiple/single
file(s) attachment, like Identi.ca does in its protocol. We built a
simple way (maybe not the best?!) to do this, with <file /> XML
elements.

Would it be possible to add this to the XEP draft, or to enhence this
structure if bad?

It looks like this:

<items node="urn:xmpp:microblog:0">
<item id="b7cfa299c9263eb218863362762c0e26">
<entry xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom";>
<source>
<title>Microblog (Vanaryon)</title>
<updated>2011-03-13T15:52:45Z</updated>
<author>
<nick>Vanaryon</nick>
</author>
</source>

<title>Espérons que le salon du jeu vidéo Breton sera meilleur l'année
prochaine :(</title>

prochaine :(</body>

<published>2011-03-13T15:52:45Z</published>

<updated>2011-03-13T15:52:45Z</updated>

<link
href="xmpp:vanar...@jappix.com?;node=urn%3Axmpp%3Amicroblog%3A0;item=b7cfa299c9263eb218863362762c0e26"
rel="alternate">

<file name="IMAG0090"
url="https://www.jappix.com/store/share/vanar...@jappix.com/76cc121cab14443c1d6ffe046443dfd1d856940b.jpg";
source="web" ext="jpg" type="image"
thumb="https://www.jappix.com/store/share/vanar...@jappix.com/76cc121cab14443c1d6ffe046443dfd1d856940b_thumb.jpg";
/>

<file name="IMAG0093"
url="https://www.jappix.com/store/share/vanar...@jappix.com/bdc11f42e0c1d810b33733689f6cfd7a9197c9e0.jpg";
source="web" ext="jpg" type="image"
thumb="https://www.jappix.com/store/share/vanar...@jappix.com/bdc11f42e0c1d810b33733689f6cfd7a9197c9e0_thumb.jpg";
/>
</entry>
</item>
</items>

Here are the attributes in use:
* name: the real file name
* url: the file url (HTTP if source=web; ...)
* source: the source of the file (web, ...)
* ext: the file extension (I think it might be removed because of "type" attr)
* type: the file type category (I think it might be changed to the
MIME type to remove "ext" attr)
* thumb: the link to a thumbnail of the image file, using the same
MIME type as the "big" file (we may add video files thumbs support
too, maybe using a <thumb /> sub-element with all the MIME type needed
in a "type" attr)

I am waiting for your replies and thoughts about it. I am aware that
my first integration of this new feature in Jappix is not really
"clean" and might be enhenced.

Thanks,

Valérian Saliou, Jappix founder.