Hi,

On 07.02.2013, at 13:12, Winfried Tilanus <winfr...@tilanus.com> wrote:

> On 02/06/2013 05:05 PM, Stefan Strigler wrote:
>

>> regarding the issue listed at
>>
>> http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/BoshIssues#Stream_Creation:_missing_.3Cstream:features.2F.3E
>
> Is it correct you are addressing an issue that was not mentioned before
> here, or do my notes of the BOSH sprint at summit 13 fail on this one?

It was on the list, we discussed it and I volunteered to provide a patch.

So yes, maybe it was not discussed here but it was discussed at the summit.

> Then, if you are referring to xep-0078 with legacy auth, it is my
> understanding that first a <stream> is opened and the server still has
> to send a stream features with <auth
> xmlns='http://jabber.org/features/iq-auth'/> in it. Then over that
> stream auth is done by <iq> stanza's. So in that case, the client still
> will get a stream features before authing. So I see no potential
> confusion here.

Stream features are only provided by non legacy servers which might accept
legacy auth for backwards compatibility with legacy clients. Legacy servers
don't know about stream features.

.Steve