On 2013-06-13 15:48, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
On 2013-06-13 09:06, Philipp Hancke wrote:
[..]
The use of trickle might be interesting... basically that would be the
example from
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ivov-mmusic-trickle-ice-sip-00#section-4

(note that m-line-id should be mid there)

Please, do not copy examples, but create new ones. There might be
legal issues.
Why are you saying this?

Just like the IETF, the XSF relies on copyright assignment. In general it is preferable to use original work in all cases.

> I thought copying examples from RFC or IETF drafts is fine.

Because the XSF operates outside of the IETF, other provisions of the Trust Legal Provisions (TPL) [1] apply. I.e. for those documents that are governed by it.

In this particular case, see section 3c. We'd have to make sure proper attribution, legends and all that are included, which goes /slightly/ beyond copy/paste.

[1] http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info/

--
ralphm