Peter Saint-Andre <stpe...@stpeter.im> wrote:
><hat type='registrar'/>
>
>On 7/9/13 9:53 PM, Peter Waher wrote:
>> Hello Ralph
>>
>> Thanks for your mail. You're absolutely correct. It was sloppy of me
>> to propose a URI scheme with the same name as the previous xmpp
>> scheme. I'm sorry.
>>
>> [ .. ]
>Defining a new URI scheme is not an effort to be taken lightly. Please
>see RFC 4395, in particular Section 2.1:
>
> [..]
>
>Does your proposal pass that test?

I agree with Peter. Just introducing a new scheme doesn't feel right to me. At
the very least I'd like to see a rational for not using the xmpp scheme, which
should be able to handle the use cases, that goes beyond the lack of
character-by-character equivalence after the scheme component, compared to
HTTP(S) URIs.

--
ralphm