On 01/05/2016 10:49 AM, Peter Waher wrote:
> But instead of sending markdown as simple text in a normal
> message, I would like to mark it as such and provide an unformatted text
> version (with any markdown formats removed) as well, much like how
> HTML-IM works.

Isn't the point of markdown that it's perfectly readable as plain text,
ie that there is no markup?  I'd think sending straight markdown would
be just fine.

This could also be a client-side only feature, allowing input in
markdown, then converting it to HTML and sending it as HTML-IM I suppose?

Just some random thoughts, thanks,
Travis