[Steve Kille]

I think that one is worth including in MIX.

> In general, unless there's a compelling reason, where there's already
> "space", I'd prefer to keep things generalizable. Allowing arbitrary
> preferences doesn't appear to introduce any further protocol round-trips,
> and as long as optional preferences are truly optional - that is, there's
an
> expectation that clients may ignore them - then this seems the more
future-
> proof option.

[Steve Kille]

If you define things in MIX, the protocol becomes cleaner (in my view).

This mechanism can also allow for proprietary extensions agreed between
client and server.

The sort of thing I am looking to avoid is where the server provides the
user with a form to fill in.

Steve