From: Standards <standards-boun...@xmpp.org> on behalf of Peter Waher
Date: Wednesday, 12 October 2016 at 19:37
To: "standards@xmpp.org" <standards@xmpp.org>, "i...@xmpp.org" <i...@xmpp.org>
Subject: [Standards] IoT SIG: overview informational XEP

Hello everybody

Regarding the XMPP IoT SIG deliverable §5:

> The IoT SIG should at a minumum produce an informational XEP
> that provides an overview of the XMPP IoT "landscape"; this document
> could help the XMPP community (including XSF members, leadership,
> and teams) understand the Intenet of Things and especially the
> applicability of XMPP to common IoT use cases.

Unless somebody else volunteers in writing this document, I volunteer writing
one. Some questions:

·         How is the procedure supposed to be?

·         I write a draft and transmit it to the council for evaluation?

·         Or should it be sent to the iot mailing list?

·         Or should we agree on a disposition first, i.e. what
sections/subsections to include?

·         Are there any special criteria or considerations that have to be
taken into account already from the beginning?

·         Is there an interest by any other to co-author? Any preferences
regarding to sections?

Best regards,
Peter Waher