On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 11:59 AM, Kevin Smith <kevin.sm...@isode.com> wrote:

> It sounds like a sensible enough approach to me, unless we think Gajim is
> the only deployment using hex.

To my current knowledge, after checking back in the Gajim MUC the current
situation is:
* Conversations does do Jingle File-Transfer but doesn't send or use the
hashes in code
* Gajim uses Jingle File-Transfer version :3 with hex encoding as in the
current examples in the Jingle FT XEP
* Swift uses Jingle File-Transfer version :4 with Base64 encoding as in the
current examples in the XEP-0300 XEP

If there are no other Jingle File-Transfer version :4 implementations out
there, it should be possible to fix the examples in Jingle File-Transfer
and leaving its current version, and clarify XEP-0300 that Base64 is to be
used, leaving it also at its current version.

Anybody on this list got an objection or remarks on this approach?

Cheers,
Tobi