Hi!

The signed preKeys are used for authentication.

The deviceId is a 31 bit integer because of libsignals implementation I guess.

Deviceid collisions with own devices are not allowed (the newer device has to
generate a new Id in that case). In mucs it doesn't really matter, since the
receiving device can simply try to decrypt with every matching keyId In the
message.

Also the signal protocol works just the same with mucs as it does with single
user chats. You simply forward all the ratchets of all recipients.

Kind regards
Vanitasvitae