On Wed, Aug 9, 2017, at 06:47, Georg Lukas wrote:
> With the above points considered, Hints would be reduced to a single
> "no-archive" or "transient" hint, making it a rather thin XEP.

That seems reasonable to me if this is the extent of the problem.
Alternatively, do we not have a more general "message routing" XEP or
"message priority" XEP? Maybe we need one? Needing a transient hint
feels like a symptom of a more general problem, but without
understanding the use cases of such a hint or where the system feels
broken today I'm not sure what that problem is (or if it exists at all).

—Sam