On Donnerstag, 25. Januar 2018 15:20:22 CET Georg Lukas wrote:
> * Jonas Wielicki <jo...@wielicki.name> [2018-01-25 10:26]:
> > Version 0.1.0 of XEP-0401 (Easy User Onboarding) has been released.
> >
> > This document defines a protocol and URI scheme for user invitation in
> > order to allow a third party to register on a server. The goal of this
> > is to make onboarding for XMPP IM newcomers as easy as possible.
>
> This is a good moment to pick up Council feedback and to ignite
> discussion. Both Dave and Kev addressed the existence of Data Forms
> (XEP-0004) in the IBR flow, and wondered why it isn't used in this
> context.

[snip]

> In retrospect I realize that we can
> also use the <preauth xmlns='urn:xmpp:invite:0'/> payload in the IQ-get
> and let the server return us a Data Form.

I think that’s a reasonable course of action.

> However, then we need to
> define how the client can determine whether this Data Form is a PREAUTH
> compatible form, and whether the user is still required to add more
> content.

This can easily be done. Just specify the field @var. If the form has a field
with that specified @var, hide it from the UI and insert the preauth token
automatically on submit. Depending on the workflow (admin / user invite),
additional form fields may be present which should be shown to the user, like
with normal IBR.

kind regards,
Jonas