Quoting Peter Saint-Andre <stpe...@stpeter.im>:
Well, it worked OK at small conferences when universal connectivity
wasn't so common in the pre-smartphone days (folks had a lot of fun
using it in Adium and iChat back then), but I haven't seen it used since
2010 or so.

It went to Draft and Final quickly (perhaps we were more efficient about
moving things forward back then), but it doesn't seem relevant anymore.

I didn't use this feature for some years, but I can imagine, that
it might be a relevant niche. Having a protocol that can survive
certain desasters like "no mobile internet available" still sounds
interesting and worthwhile to me. Might even be interesting in the
field of humanitarian aid or when privacy is more relevant.

Cheers