> 1. What software has XEP-0048 implemented? Please note that the
> protocol must be implemented in at least two separate codebases (at
> least one of which must be free or open-source software) in order to
> advance from Draft to Final.

Enough.

> 2. Have developers experienced any problems with the protocol as
> defined in XEP-0048? If so, please describe the problems and, if
> possible, suggested solutions.

I didn’t implement the encouraged storage using XEP-0223, sorry. Only old XML
Storage, no issues there.

> 3. Is the text of XEP-0048 clear and unambiguous? Are more examples
> needed? Is the conformance language (MAY/SHOULD/MUST) appropriate?
> Have developers found the text confusing at all? Please describe any
> suggestions you have for improving the text.

1. It uses the term „Jabber“. Not sure if this is an issue, but I thought it
should be XMPP.

2. Some inconsistency in the headers, some lower-case, some capital-case:

The conference element
Uploading Data

I think capital-case is the way to go for headers.

3. Although discouraged, an example for usage with Private XML Storage is
missing (but actually I don’t miss it because its obvious, just pointing it
out).

4. "In addition, other methods could be used, such as HTTP or WebDAV.“ ==>
Examples? Unclear what you mean, using a REST service?

5. It’s unclear if multiple bookmarks should be stored as single item each or
as one big <storage/> element which contains all items.

Compare this sentence:
"A bookmark set may contain any number of conference rooms“

to this section:

See https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0223.html#composition
"whereas the history of all items published to the node provides a complete
list of the user's bookmarks"

I think if using Private XML Storage, it’s only possible to use one <storage/>
element for all bookmarks.

5. It’s not clear, if one could mix multiple <url/> and <conference/> elements
in the same <storage/> element, but I guess yes.

I think the XML schema is wrong:

  <xs:element name='storage'>
    <xs:complexType>
      <xs:choice>
        <xs:element ref='conference'/>
        <xs:element ref='url'/>
      </xs:choice>
    </xs:complexType>
  </xs:element>

Only allows one of either <url/> or <conference/>, although the text says:
"A bookmark set may contain any number of conference rooms“
(or the text is wrong)

Should it be this?:

  <xs:element name='storage'>
    <xs:complexType>
<xs:sequence minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
      <xs:choice>
        <xs:element ref='conference'/>
        <xs:element ref='url'/>
      </xs:choice>
</xs:sequence>
    </xs:complexType>
  </xs:element>

or this:

  <xs:element name='storage'>
    <xs:complexType>
        <xs:element ref=‚conference' minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
        <xs:element ref=‚url' minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
    </xs:complexType>
  </xs:element>

— Christian