Hi guys,

I usually only read to understand and learn but sometimes I head up and freak out with some decision. I usually read RFC and when a new one is released it supersedes, deprecates or obsoletes another one. But, the status of that RFC usually is definitive. Obviously it's definitive until a better one is released (as Descartes always said there are nothing definitive only temporal until we can find a better solution/theory/explanation).

In this case I can see you are putting "obsolete" to XEP-0071 and it's intended there are a new proposal better on the table... where? XEP-0071 has no explanation about why it was obsoleted only a vague description "Per a vote of the XMPP Council, advanced to Obsolete". I wanted to know "why".

And more important, if the XEP-0071 is obsoleted because XEP-0393 is there... why XEP-0393 is experimental? I'm not pretty sure but looks like you are suggesting to use something experimental instead of something it was working for years. If XEP-0393 is the reason because XEP-0071 is obsoleted, I think it's fair enough to advance the state from experimental to something different for XEP-0393, IMO.

Last thing, what's the usual flow for the states? I cannot find information here: https://xmpp.org/extensions/ ; there are only the possibility to filter based on those states but not information about what means each one or even how it could be advanced from one to another.

Thanks.
Manuel Rubio.