> But we might never know if someone is building an application or service
> on top of a library...

Isn't this the point of the CFE - to find out?
There is always the *possibility* that somebody somewhere could possibly maybe
have implemented a given feature, but if nobody knows about it, do we just
assume it does anyway? In which case, we can always assume there are enough
implementations because there *might* be.

A CFE asks whether anyone has implemented the feature and what their
experiences were (was it straightforward, well documented, any issues, etc.)
While a library implementation could answer _those_ questions, questions of
whether the feature is good in practice or what issues arise from its use can
only really be answered by somebody using the library's implementation of said
feature.