сб, 21 июл. 2018 г. в 1:46, Tedd Sterr <teddst...@outlook.com>:

> > I'd rather call it 'extended chat state notifications' or something
> > like that. Recording audio is only distantly related to file sharing.
>
> "Media Stream Activity Notifications (MSAN)", then.
>
> But it's good that we're putting so much effort into arguing over the
> important details, rather than trivial things like the actual protocol.

Actual protocol is rather trivial. It took us a grand few hours to
implement all required functionality with attribute and kinda within
existing XEP-0085. Would not take much longer to make it like it's
purposed here. However, I do somewhat object to adding yet another
XEP, especially with misleading names. This creates barriers for
developers and requires more bureaucracy work (some people like doing
bureaucracy work, though). Maybe updating 'final' standard in a
non-breaking way is a lesser evil than adding more and more XEPs.

--
Ненахов Андрей
Директор ООО "Редсолюшн" (Челябинск)