On Sun, 18 Aug 2019 at 21:59, Tedd Sterr <teddst...@outlook.com> wrote:

> *2019-07-31 (expired 2019-08-14)*
>
> VETOED (-5:0:+0)
> *PR #801 - XEP-0368: clarify fallback behavior on SRV failure* -
> https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/801
> Dave: -1 (don't think I like possibly anything about this)
> Georg: -1 (agree with Jonas)
> Jonas: -1 (inappropriate port choice; doesn't clarify, but changes
> behaviour; contradicts normal SRV working; logically incoherent regarding
> trust of DNS)
> Kev: -1 (don't like it at all; in comparison, #796 seems logical)
> Link: -1 (same reasons as Jonas)
>
> PASSED (-0:0:+5)
> *PR #803 - Obsolete Compliance Suites 2018* -
> https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/803
> Dave: +1
> Georg: +1
> Jonas: +1
> Kev: +1
> Link: +1
>

> *2019-08-07 (expiring 2019-08-21)*
>
> *PR #806 - XEP-0060: Add pubsub#public in Publish-Subscribe features* -
> https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/806
> Dave: [pending]
> Georg: [on-list]
> Jonas: [on-list]
> Kev: [pending]
> Link: [on-list]

I'm essentially +1 but I think this needs to make clear what the default,
if any, is. Alternately, what the behaviour is if this configurable is not
present.

Perhaps it even needs a disco feature? Maybe one to discuss before we merge
this?

> *PR #808 - XEP-0045: Add Tags configuration and metadata* -
> https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/808
> Dave: [pending]
> Georg: [on-list]
> Jonas: +1
> Kev: [pending]
> Link: [on-list]

I think I'm -1 on this. I don't think that having tags is a bad idea, in
and of itself, but I'm concerned with adding more stuff to XEP-0045.

In general, I think that tagging in this "dumb" way is probably never going
to be enough, and a more considered approach might be better.

For what it's worth, I'm open to having my mind changed on this.

> *PR #805 - XEP-0060: Add a pubsub#rsm disco#info feature to clear
> confusion* - https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/805
> Dave: [pending]
> Georg: [on-list]
> Jonas: +1
> Kev: [pending]
> Link: +1

I worry a bit that RSM is always a bit of a guessing game in what features
it is used in, but this seems like the best available approach. +1.