Comments below.

On Donnerstag, 29. August 2019 13:24:34 CEST Andrew Nenakhov wrote:
> I might be late to the party. This email was sent by me on August 03 after
> changing my email address and resubscribing to this list, but it seems that
> I wasn't put through. My points against XEP-0353 in current form still
> stand. I obviously missed all conversations here in August, so I might need
> to catch up on this though.

Lucky for you, there has been no discussion.

> сб, 3 авг. 2019 г. в 21:04, Andrew Nenakhov <andrew.nenak...@redsolution.com
> > вт, 30 июл. 2019 г. в 23:42, Jonas Schäfer <jo...@wielicki.name>:
> >> 1. Is this specification needed to fill gaps in the XMPP protocol
> >> stack or to clarify an existing protocol?
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> >> 2. Does the specification solve the problem stated in the introduction
> >> and requirements?
> >
> > Partially. This specification is not suitable to work with clients that
> > rely on push notifications and fetching messages from an archive.
> >
> > 3. Do you plan to implement this specification in your code? If not,
> >
> >> why not?
> >
> > We have implemented this specification on iOS client, and discovered that
> > it is unsuitable in real life scenarios. We have updated it with
> > additional
> > callback routine, the changes and stanza format is described here:
> >
> > https://docs.google.com/document/d/1geR2-VlKkjwqFftstV7O1cYfGqKQy-eEUepgRr
> > ge0ow/edit
> >
> > This modified solution does the job. We have also created a test bot for
> > testing automated VoIP calling, bot's address is dev...@dev.xabber.com
> > (calling bot works well, receiving calls from bot has some bugs at the
> > moment). One may perform calls using preview version
> > <https://github.com/redsolution/xabber-ios/wiki/preview> of Xabber for
> > iOS (it's under construction at the moment and has quite a number of bugs,
> > but VoIP is mostly working by now).

Thanks for posting this.

Can someone of the Jingle folks please review and comment on this? From my
perspective, it looks very reasonable to have a callback mechanism to test if
a session still exists before proceeding to show the call interface.

Ideally, Andrew, you would make a PR against the xeps repository [1]. I am not
sure if you are familiar with the process. If you are not, you can reach out
to me off-list and I’ll get you started. In any case, we’d need a confirmation
that it is okay for you and the company behind Xabber to integrate this change
into XEP-0353, copyright and IPR wise [2].

kind regards,
Jonas

   [1]: https://github.com/xsf/xeps/
   [2]: https://xmpp.org/about/xsf/ipr-policy.html