Hi Ralph,

On Montag, 9. September 2019 14:31:27 CEST Ralph Meijer wrote:
> With recent discussions on Message Attachments, Message Fastening,
> References, SIMS, edits (LMC, but any message) and Reactions, I took
> (quite) some time to write up a post [1] showing how they all could fit
> together. Lots of examples, and how they could be rendered.
>
> I took the liberty to make some changes here and there (and use
> urn:example: namespaces where I did) based on previous discussions and
> suggestions. It is not at all meant to be the final word in this space.
>
> Please discuss.

Thanks for writing this. I’m a bit short on time, so I’ll skip all praise and
go straight to points of discussion:

1. I’m not sure if we should encourage MUC services to parse the plaintext
body and fasten references based on that. This goes into XEP-0393 territory,
and I think I’ve raised my points about the problems with opt-out (if at all)
processing of the body often enough elsewhere. Think about code blocks (e.g.
python uses @ for decorators) and stuff.

2. The post leaves out all discussion about the difficulties which arise on
multi-language messages + references. It should at least be mentioned.

3. > Upon receiving the correction, the client discards all fastened