On Fri, 7 May 2021 at 12:10, Edwin Mons <j...@edwinm.ik.nu> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was looking at XEP-0198, and noticed something odd in Example 6.
> Shouldn't that have been a stream error instead, as the text above
> states? If so, will send out a PR.

Which is correct? The text or the example? While I was originally
inclined to agree that this should be a stream error, it should be
noted that section 6 "Error Handling" states:

  "If an error occurs with regard to an <enable/> or <resume/>
element, the server MUST return a <failed/> element."

and

  "Stream management errors SHOULD be considered recoverable; however,
misuse of stream management MAY result in termination of the stream."

It's relevant in the context that a stream error will terminate the
session (such that it can't be resumed).

I don't feel strongly either way.

Regards,
Matthew