On Wed, 24 Aug 2022 at 07:56, Daniel Gultsch <dan...@gultsch.de> wrote:

> And yes we are currently implementing it. That's why I’m providing
> feedback on the XEP. And yes we are using it with compression and yes
> we do terminate TLS early and can’t use HT-* and yes we use PLAIN for
> regular logins too and therefor we don’t have an issue with the
> "downgrade" in security.

Just on the TLS early termination, could you still support
tls-server-end-point, which (IIRC) doesn't need anything but a static
configuration of the server's certificate?

It's also a SHOULD, I saw, in XEP-0440 - I'd be inclined to raise that to a
MUST, even though I prefer tls-exporter if possible, because it's very easy
to support. Assuming, of course, that any form of channel binding is
possible.

Dave.