On Mon, 18 Mar 2024 at 08:59, Daniel Gultsch <dan...@gultsch.de> wrote:

> This message constitutes notice of a Last Call for comments on
> XEP-0386.
>
> Title: Bind 2
> Abstract:
> This specification provides a single-request replacement for several
> activities an XMPP client needs to do at startup.

> This Last Call begins today and shall end at the close of business on
> 2024-04-01.
>
> Please consider the following questions during this Last Call and send
> your feedback to the standards@xmpp.org discussion list:
>
> 1. Is this specification needed to fill gaps in the XMPP protocol
> stack or to clarify an existing protocol?

Yes. As well as making session initialization generally easier and
more performant (by reducing round-trips and the associated logic), it
is a big part of closing the unfriendly race condition we have between
carbons and MAM (
https://docs.modernxmpp.org/client/protocol/#race-during-login ).

> 2. Does the specification solve the problem stated in the introduction
> and requirements?

Yes.

> 3. Do you plan to implement this specification in your code? If not,
> why not?

Yes, I have implemented it in Prosody.

No.

I hope so :)