OK managed to install cygwin subversion client, things seems to be
downloading ..except for atomic.S
OK I'll try some more later...

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Sebor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2005 5:17 PM
To: Lance Diduck
Cc: stdcxx-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: svn co

Lance Diduck wrote:
> I'll let you know how the Cygwin client turns out, its still downloading.
> I'll still have to work around the case issues. (The solution I did come
up
> with is to do a svn list, copy the files names, exclude the problem files,
> and then do svn cp on each file. Subversion doesn't like this, and
requires
> doing each directory by hand ( no recursion,) and everything stays locked.
> Subversion solves the issue by asserting that they are a case -insensitive
> repository.

Yeah, that sounds like a pain. We need to rename those two files.

[...]
> But I run across "dueling STL implementation" problems quite often in
fact,
> so much so that I don't allow any STL containers, streams and such in the
> public interfaces of the code my teams writes. Apart from stream
> initialization problems, this was the first time I had trouble making two
> STLs coexist.

That (missing two implementations in the same program) is the subject
of stdcxx-1: http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/stdcxx/.
Since you have experience in this area your insight will be valuable
in getting it implemented.

[...]
> BTW I tried to subscribe to the mailing list and got this unusual error

> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>     (reason: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts
> (#5.7.1))

It's .org, not .com.

Martin

  • RE: svn co Lance Diduck