Liviu Nicoara wrote:
Martin,

This one is not working with any targets when invoked anew from TOPDIR:

#   $ make [ BUILDTYPE=<build-type> ] \
#          [ BUILDDIR=<build-dir> ] \
#          [ CONFIG=<config-file> ] \
#          [ PHDIR=<plumhall-testsuite-source-dir> ]
#          [ <targets> ]

I'm not sure I understand what exactly is not working. Can you show
the actual command and the output?

AFAICT the comments describing the targets seem to have typos:

# From $TOPDIR or $BUILDDIR to configure if necessary and build the lib,
# tests, plumhall testsuite, and examples:

I assume you're referring to the top level makefile:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stdcxx/trunk/GNUmakefile

#
#   $ make [ lib ] ....

vs.

#   Targets:
#
#
#   libstd    - builds the library

Yep, I see the typo, thanks for pointing it out! The correct name
of the target is lib (it used to be libstd but the name was changed
in http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?rev=292372&view=rev). A patch
correcting it would be most welcome! :)

Martin