Running the boost regression tests on Windows:

1. install svn client and setup PATH variable to point to svn.exe dirctory.
2. install the latest release of the python (2.5.1).
3. build stdcxx library (it's enough to build only in 15d configuration)
4. extract
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12372322/boost_regress_win.zip
archive to the hard disk.
5. update stdcxx_ver variable in boost_regress\runtests.bat file if the version
of the stdcxx is differ from 4.2.0
6. update stdcxx_dir variable in boost_regress\runtests.bat file to point to
directory, specified as BUILDDIR parameter
when for configure.bat in step 3.
7. update %compiler%.patch files:
- the path to the python installation directory in "using pythion" line;
- the version of the stdcxx if it's differ from 4.2.0, the path to the stdcxx
source directory (TOPDIR),
  the path to the stdcxx build directory (BUILDDIR) in "using stdcxx" line;
  Format of the using stdcxx line: using stdcxx : VERSION : TOPDIR BUILDDIR ;
- the path to the intel compiler if needed.
9. run runtests.bat with one or more compilers for the testring, i.e. for
perform testing ith the all compilers use:
runtests.bat msvc-7.1 msvc-8.0 msvc-8.0-x64 msvc-9.0 msvc-9.0-x64 icc-9.1
icc-9.1-x64 icc-10.0 icc-10.-x64

  Note that the disk space, used for the one compiler about to 5Gb. The time
per single compiler testing about
to 2.5 hours on my Intel Core2Duo E4400 at 3GHz clock speed.

  I've not ported the runtests.bat to unix shell script yet, so I've attached
the set of the files, which I've used for the testing.

  Running the boost regression tests on gcc:

1. assuming that the python 2.5 already installed
2. build stdcxx library (it's enough to build only in 15d configuration)
specifying BUILDIR=%BUILDROOT%/gcc/%BUILDMODE%
3. extract
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12372323/boost_regress_gcc.zip
archive to the hard disk and
set executable attribute for run.sh and patch_boost files.
6. update gcc.patch file:
- the version of the stdcxx if it's differ from 4.2.0, the path to the stdcxx
source directory (TOPDIR),
  the path to the stdcxx build directory (%BUILDROOT%) in "using stdcxx" line;
  Format of the using stdcxx line: using stdcxx : %VERSION% : %TOPDIR%
%BUILDROOT% ;
7. update the stdcxx version in run.sh file
8. run run.sh

  Running the boost regression tests on sunpro/linux:

1. assuming that the python 2.5 already installed
2. build stdcxx library (it's enough to build only in 15d configuration)
specifying BUILDIR=%BUILDROOT%/sun/%BUILDMODE%
3. extract
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12372324/boost_regress_sun.zip
archive to the hard disk and
set executable attribute for run.sh and patch_boost files.
6. update sun.patch file:
- the version of the stdcxx if it's differ from 4.2.0, the path to the stdcxx
source directory (TOPDIR),
  the path to the stdcxx build directory (%BUILDROOT%) in "using stdcxx" line;
  Format of the using stdcxx line: using stdcxx : %VERSION% : %TOPDIR%
%BUILDROOT% ;
7. update the stdcxx version in run.sh file
8. run run.sh

  To not interfere with my test results change the --runner= option in
runtests.bat and run.sh files, i.e. by using some
suffix (platform name or something else).

  The tests results will be shown in some time at this page:
http://beta.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/summary.html

Farid.