I don't know what you mean by 'seeing the change in Jira'. I never
notice anything different about issues that have had patches applied.

That said, I think I know what the problem is. I have my editor setup to
default to replace tabs with 4 spaces. I'm willing to bet that the
leading spaces screwed up the trigger script. If you look at the
revision log, you'll see the tab differences...
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/stdcxx/trunk/examples/tutorial/dy
natype.cpp.

And I was really hoping to not screw up my first commit!! Darn.

Travis