Gav.... wrote:
Hi All,

Martin, Can I ask what version of Forrest you are testing with
at the moment? (I guess you are testing locally)

I used 0.8 for my experiments.

The 0.9-dev trunk version is slowly improving in terms of the
dispatcher and its use of 'themes'. Otherwise 0.9-dev is not
all that different from the 0.8 version released in April last year.

I would suggest we enable the dispatcher and make use of the themes
as it is 'much' easier to use that the default 'skins'. As far as the
source xml xdoc files go there is no real difference.

Anyway, let me know when you are ready and what you want to know and/or
what you want me to do.

I haven't done much yet. I started with the demo and tried to
make changes to it to gauge how easily I could morph it something
resembling our site. I admit I was a little intimidated by all the
properties in the xml file and what seemed like a considerable
amount of work to remove the many (useful) pages from the demo and
replace them with ours, and I was struggling a little with finding
enough detail in the documentation to help me do what I was trying
to do. But I probably spent only about 3 hours with it in total,
including reading the docs, so I'm sure I missed a bunch of stuff.

I hope to get back to it sometime later this week and I'm sure I'll
have questions for you when I do.

Btw., what's the difference between Forrest and Lenya? From what
I've read, Lenya seems to work at a higher level, letting users
make changes to the site in real time, while Forrest is a lower
level tool, more suitable to our needs. Would you say that's
a fair (if overly simplistic) assessment?

Thanks for your offer to help!
Martin

Gav...