personally signed the vehicle.  Find this and over 800 other Sopranos
items for sale on eBay.
http://www.bcentral.com/listbot/ebay

In a message dated 17/07/01 12:29:58 Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Subj:     no_to_nato Responses from two councillors re: NATO mtgs in Ottawa
 Date:  17/07/01 12:29:58 Eastern Daylight Time
 From:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Richard Sanders)
 Sender:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 To:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 The following two responses have been received from Ottawa City councillors:

 Response from Councillor Clive Doucet:

 The answer to all four is no.  The problem is just how do we go about
 getting to yes because as far as I know the City has no department or
 personnel set up to deal with these kinds of questions i.e. our city is
 free, we normally don't limit who or who may not have a conference here.
 Therefore outside of the Mayor's office, I don't even know who the questions
 should be addressed to.  The other avenue is a general enquiry at full
 council which I was prepared to do and will unless the Mayor's office has a
 better idea.

 Clive Doucet

 -----

 Response from Councillor Alex Munter:

 Thank you for your message. I have already asked city staff to look into
 both the direct and indirect costs involved if the G8 summit is held here.
 As you point out, the same questions should be asked about the NATO
 meetings.

 Sincerely,

 Alex

 ---

 These were in response to the following email:

 Dear Councillor,

 The NATO Parliamentary Assembly meetings scheduled to occur in Ottawa this
 October 5-8 were originally scheduled for Victoria, BC.

 However, Victoria's City Council -- in its wisdom -- decided NOT to host
 these NATO meetings in Victoria because of the significant security costs
 that they expected.  (Based on costs incurred by other cities for similar
 events, Victoria estimated that the security costs might be as high as $3
 or $4.7 million).

 See the media release from the City of Victoria which is appended below or
 view it on the City of Victoria web site:
 <http://www.city.victoria.bc.ca/press/pr0047.htm>

 I have several questions that I would like you to respond to:

 (1) Has the City of Ottawa conducted a "risk assessment," as was done by
 the City of Victoria?

 (2) What costs does the City of Ottawa expect to incur by hosting this
 NATO-related event?

 (3) Has there been any discussion within City Council regarding financial
 and security problems associated with holding this event?

 (4) Considering the financial stresses faced by our city, wouldn't our
 limited resources be better spent serving the needs of the people of Ottawa
 rather than hosting an event which will face large public protests?

 Yours sincerely,

 Richard Sanders
 Coordinator,
 Coalition to Oppose the Arms Trade

 ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----
                         Richard Sanders
        Coordinator, Coalition to Oppose the Arms Trade (COAT)

               A national peace network supported by
            individuals and organizations across Canada

           541 McLeod St., Ottawa Ontario K1R 5R2  Canada
             Tel.:  613-231-3076      Fax: 613-231-2614
      Email: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   Web site: <http://www.ncf.ca/coat>

  Help build opposition to NATO PA meetings in Ottawa, Oct. 5-8, 2001!
             Join the "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" list serve:
    Send the message:  subscribe no_to_nato   to  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 Unsubscribe by sending an email to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> with the following
command in the BODY of your message: unsubscribe no_to_nato