STOP NATO: O PASARAN! - HTTP://WWW.STOPNATO.ORG.UK

--------------------------- ListBot Sponsor --------------------------
Sopranos fanatics, this one is for you.  Tony Soprano's autographed
Suburban is available for purchase on eBayTM.  James Gandolfini has
personally signed the vehicle.  Find this and over 800 other Sopranos
items for sale on eBay.
http://www.bcentral.com/listbot/ebay

["Gloomy diplomats worry that nationalist Macedonian
rhetoric could compromise..." What words in the vast
lexicon of invective could possibly do justice to the
monsters who utter and write words like these?
As NATO-trained, armed, directed and commanded racial
terrorists tear a nation to shreds, all the obloquy is
poured on the besieged victims.
Just as - precisely as - was done in Kosovo two and a
half years ago, several times before that, and who
knows how many times after until the perpetrators are
finally brought to book.
Gloomy? Not hardly. The tragedy in Macedonia - and
Kosovo - is the 'consummation devoutly to be wished'
of the globalist criminals.]

Friday July 20 9:06 AM ET
EU Monitors Killed in Macedonia As Peace Hopes Fade
By Daniel Simpson
SKOPJE (Reuters) - A three-man European Union team was
found dead in Macedonia on Friday after their vehicle
was blown into a ravine by a mine while monitoring a
fragile cease-fire in the divided former Yugoslav
republic.
The Norwegian and Slovakian monitors and their
translator, from Macedonia's ethnic Albanian minority,
disappeared on Thursday in hills near Tetovo, a
flashpoint town in five months of fighting between
government forces and Albanian guerrillas.
Their deaths are the first among a growing number of
international officials in Macedonia hoping to secure
peace. In the capital Skopje, 30 miles away, Western
envoys struggled to salvage a political deal to end
the rebellion that has dragged the tiny Balkan state
toward civil war.
Prospects for peace have worsened since the Macedonian
government condemned the latest Western proposals as
tantamount to dividing the country at the behest of
separatist rebels.
Macedonian leaders want to return to earlier versions
of the peace plan and accused Albanian parties of
blocking progress by failing to show up for talks on
Thursday.
Gloomy diplomats worry nationalist Macedonian rhetoric
could block compromise on a package of reforms
granting Albanians more civil rights in the hope of
avoiding major bloodshed.
``I hope the Macedonians don磘 try to shred the
process apart, but I don磘 know what their ultimate
goal is. I hope it is to get a political deal,创 one
Western diplomat said.
``But there are some irrational people involved here
and that磗 very dangerous.创
U.S. envoy James Pardew and the EU's Francois Leotard
have persuaded Albanian parties to send constitutional
experts back to the table in a bid to keep the talks
alive.
But serious negotiations have all but collapsed. There
are no plans for party leaders to meet unless new
proposals on the sensitive issues of language rights
and police reforms emerge.
CEASEFIRE UNDER STRAIN
Each day of deadlock increases fears that a
NATO-brokered truce, which has contained fighting for
15 days, will unravel.
``The longer this goes on the more fragile the
cease-fire becomes,创 warned NATO磗 resident
ambassador Hansjoerg Eiff.
Macedonian newspapers poured scorn on the insistence
of Albanian leaders that they could not compromise on
demands that their language gain official status,
accusing them of being in the pockets of the National
Liberation Army (NLA) rebels.
Diplomats admit it will be tough to overcome the
perception among many Macedonians that their country
is being carved up at gunpoint, despite the fact that
the rejected plan would merely devolve some power and
make Albanian a semi-official language.
``Tensions are rising,创 a Western diplomat said.
``We磖e down to the last issues but the gulf will be
very hard to bridge.创
Albanian parties, whose room for maneuver is limited
by the need to sell a deal to the NLA if it is to be
induced to disarm, say their Macedonian rivals want to
restart talks from scratch.
Despite the stalemate, no politician is yet advocating
a return to the battlefield to attack the NLA
guerrillas who have seized swathes of Macedonia's
northern hills.
``We are in a very difficult phase,创 conceded
President Boris Trajkovski. ``But the only solution is
to find a lasting deal.创
The strain on the cease-fire is starting to show,
however, as sporadic shooting grows more frequent
around the main Albanian town of Tetovo, where a
football stadium separates front lines.
The Macedonian Defense Ministry said a new NLA mortar
position had appeared in Lavce, a village just above
Tetovo, and said security forces would open fire
unless it was dismantled.
On the streets of Skopje, people still hope a deal can
be rescued, but the ethnic faultlines are slowly
hardening.
``Albanian parties agreed to the plan and their job is
done. It磗 up to the Macedonians,创 said Avni
Sulejmani, a 37-year-old Albanian. ``If things
escalate now, it will be their fault.创
Liljana Petrova, a 49-year-old Macedonian, was more
worried.
``I hope common sense will prevail and that we will
not have a war. But I think that is very difficult to
avoid,创 she said.