Hi, I am trying to get max performance in sequential reads.

I did a lot of tests from a client (VSphere 4.1 + MLX OFED) tuning the
parameters to get the max throughput from within a single VM.

I ended up getting IOmeter close to 2970 MB/s read (8MB requential block 100%
read), but the standard throughput - as per people at MLX, should be 3200 MB/s
(40 Gbit - 20% protocol overhead).

I am wondering where to further look.

On the client side the parameters I can work are:

ib_srp (srp client kernel module): srp_cmd_per_lun, srp_sg_tablesize,
srp_can_queue

VMware Level: Disk.SchedQuantum, Disk.SchedQControlSeqReq,
Disk.UserDeviceReset,Disk.SchedQControlVMSwitches, RequOutstanding