Chris Snyder wrote:
<SNIP>
> Next question...with the above problem I tried to install the latest version from
> tarballs. While doing the configure it told me it could not find the gtk-config
> file (I have had a similar problem in the past with a tarballs configure not finding
> Gnome which I know was installed). I have very little experience with these, but
> if it is a matter of editing a file, or creating a link I do believe I could handle
> it. Can anyone help me there?
>
Hi
When compiling from source you need to install the dev-packages.The
simple way would be to use the search engine from here
http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages
Use the second search to look for gtk-config and pops the package you
need.
The other way is to use apt-cache search combined with a grep.
eg. apt-cache search gtk | grep dev
you get a list and yuo read the descritions of the packages.While not as
exact
is has the advantage of being local and apt-cache is a great tool.See
man apt
for details on all the features of apt.
_______________________________________________
Stormlinux-users-list mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.stormix.com/community/lists/listinfo/stormlinux-users-list