Crispin and list:

    Thanks for the updated cite.  Makes at least two that are not behind
paywalls.  Hope we can find some that are even more current and easy
obtainable.  But there is a big literature on heat pipes outside the cooking
arena.

        I think we can learn a lot from the solar cooker side - but my interest
is on biomass stoves and the ability to feed multiple pots from a single flame.
 You talk also about thermo-siphoning and pumps.  I am describing neither of
those - a heat pipe operates on a very different principle as I know you know.

        The word “diode” is important here.

        I talked with one of the last references in your cite - Mr.  C J Swet
at about the time he wrote that 1974 article - on (I recall) a thermo siphon
principle.

Ron