My friend Will and I will be sharing our stories on what is like to live with a
mental illness today, Tuesday, the 10th , at 6 pm  at 1919 University (2nd
floor).  The group we are speaking to is the Ramsey County chapter of NAMI
(National Alliance of the Mentally Ill) which is doing an educational training
session for the friends and family of individuals who are suffering from mental
illness.

Will lives with schizophrenia and I live with bipolar.  It's always great to go
and talk to the parents of teens or the brothers and sisters of an adult who is
struggling so hard to get their disease under control.  I love to see the hope
in their eyes when Will and I talk.

I just wish more people would get a better understanding of what it means to be
in constant recovery from mental illness and how we still work to survive each
day-mentally, physically, and emotionally.  It really is an amazing way to
live.

Anyone who would like to have their awareness raised on mental illness drop by
to hear Will and I talk.  Just tell them you are a friend of mine and you came
to hear me speak.  If you are a politician, police, county administrator,
governor or whatever, you're welcome too.  Hope to see you there.

Renee Jenson
Como