On 27 Feb 2015 07:52, Dmitry V. Levin wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 11:31:59PM -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > >
> > > That is, either "kill -STOP" failed to stop "sleep" or PTRACE_EVENT_STOP
> > > hasn't been delivered to strace.  How could it be?
> >
> > tl;dr: sent you a patch
>
> Thanks, merged.
>
> In short, strace didn't support PTRACE_EVENT_STOP functionality
> on linux 3.[123], and is not going to support it on these ABI-incompatible
> kernels unless somebody implements runtime detection of PTRACE_EVENT_STOP.

sure, but building binaries against older headers shouldn't generally produce
a broken binary when run under newer kernels.  imo there's a reasonable middle
ground to be had here.  duplicating the entire header base to protect ourselves
against things is certainly crazy.  it'll be a judgement call every time we run
into these things.
-mike