On 27-05-2009 at 01:58, arnab_ghosh wrote:
> In firefox the disposition window is generated with no problems. In IE the
> file-download is blocked by IE security setting. A yellow bar drops down,
> saying "To help protect your security, IE blocked this site from downloading
> files to your computer. click here for options"
>
> Now if I click on the bar and select option "download file" the page
> refreshes but the content disposition window is not generated.
>
> To download again I have to again click on the button second time. This
> times it generates the disposition window.

In my experience, this is a bug in IE which the vendor (Microsoft) won't fix.
The cause: selecting the action in the yellow bar refreshesthe page with the
new security settings, but does not refresh the actual (download) link that
triggered it.

Your best bet is to work around it by displaying a download page, with a
message like "Thank you for downloading. The download should start
automatically. If not, you can [start it manually here]". The bit between
square brackets is then the download link, which is also added to the page
header in a meta tag like this:

Oscar

--
   ,-_  Oscar Westra van holthe - Kind      http://www.xs4all.nl/~kindop/