I am building a multi-national system and localisation is very important. I
admit to only using stripes for about 8 months and may have missed something
so please advise me if I am doing something wrong. Hwoever, I find the
overlaoded use of the 'name' attribute in some tags gets in the way.
For example in stripse:submit the name attribute controls the event that
will invoked and the localisation lookup. This causes problems when you
want 2 or more buttons that invoke the same event but because of different
parameters being set will actually cause different effects on the subsequent
page.
For example, assume I have a form that contains information about a
department. I wish to have 2 buttons that will call a newDetails event to
display a blank form. In one case the do not set the parent department id
to that of the current department's parent ( create a sibling) and in
another case the parent dept id is set to the department currently displayed
(ie create a child dept).
This could be easily achieved with:
<s:form bean=...>
...
<s:hidden name="newParentDept" value="${actionBean.parentDept}"/>
<s:submit name="newDetails"/>
</s:form>
<s:form bean=...>
...
<s:hidden name="newParentDept" value="${actionBean.id}"/>
<s:submit name="newDetails"/>
</s:form>
This would all work well, including the transferring the value by setting
and property that has not getter and actually sets the parentDept property
via the setter setNewParentDept except the two buttons can not be given
different labels as the resource lookup (fixed labels are no good) has no
way of resolving them differently. It would be great to have another option
in the tags that enables a lookup key as another labeling option, a bit like
the for and name attributes in s:label.
--
View this message in context:
http://old.nabble.com/Feature-Request-for-label-selection-tp26525265p26525265.html
Sent from the stripes-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day
trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on
what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with
Crystal Reports now. http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
_______________________________________________
Stripes-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/stripes-users