Hi folks,

Well, it's more an intro to Groovy than a real Groovy/Stripes integration...
I think that back in the days someone had written a real ActionBeanResolver
for Groovy, using GroovyClassLoader, that allowed hot class reload etc. It
really leveraged some of the groovy features, not just allowed to write
beans in another language (that finally compiles to Java bytecode).

Otoh, as Stripes heavily relies on static type info to do the binding etc,
using Groovy with Stripes doesn't totally pay off. Of course, you'll have
all the sugar of Groovy (and don't make me wrong, I use it a lot and love
it), but you'll be limited to the static world because of Stripe's nature.
If you want more dynamic stuff to happen, you'll probably have to write your
own property binder and a few other things...

I already did some work on this (using dynamic obejcts - no classes - and
NoSQLs in the back end). The idea was driven by CouchDb : when I saw this I
really was impressed, those guys have invented a really different way to
tackle webapps (with CouchApp etc). I even ended up with a MapPropertyBinder
that binds request params on... maps :)

This causes several, very high level issues (binding, validation, etc), but
is definitly interesting. I don't really know if Stripes would fit well in
this scenario. If anyone has ideas on the subject, I'd be happy to hear them
!

Cheers

Remi