Interesting, this means that defaultValue is set so "index" in
net/sourceforge/stripes/controller/UrlBindingParameter.java

There are 3 affectations of this variable :
- 2
in net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.UrlBindingParameter#getDefaultValue
- 1 in the constructor
net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.UrlBindingParameter#UrlBindingParameter(java.lang.Class<?
extends net.sourceforge.stripes.action.ActionBean>, java.lang.String,
java.lang.String, java.lang.String)

Could you break in there ? The defaultValue should be null. My guess is
that you have "index" instead. Then the stack trace should tell how how it
got there.

I'm on Stripes' IRC for about an hour if you wanna join, would be easier to
debug together...

Cheers

Rémi