Nahid,

The servlet filter makes your app portable without any server config
required. I'd keep the filter if I were you.

That's why it's included in almost every framework out there. We could add
this as a core functionality into Stripes dispatching : it's easy, and
quite the recurrent feature.

Cheers

Rémi