The Crsf integration is interesting: I have a couple of suggestions

   - It should not throw an generic IOException when Crsf fails, but a
   custom exception, maybe an CrsfValidationException
   - Prevent create new sessions with getRequest().getSession( false ). If
   there is no session it should throw the exception.
   - There's no need to introduce the interface CsrfProtected in order to
   get the current crsfToken. The crsfToken should be always in a request
   attribute for the user and the interceptor to use, something like JAX-RS
   MVC 1.0 does or even ASP.NET MVC does. Please check out
   http://www.agilejava.eu/2015/11/17/cool-security-feature-in-mvc-1-0/
   -