I've been using Struts with New Atlanta ServletExec 3.0E/3.1. Off the
top of my head, the following are the problems:

1) ServletExec cannot seems to locate the property files inside
struts.jar. I'd to extract them from struts.jar and put them in a
struts-resource.jar and add it the ServletExec classpath
2) On Solaris, it seem I also had to include struts.jar to the
ServletExec classpath. On Windows, I don't such problem
3) ServletExec does not seem to handle nested tags properly. However,
I've not looked deeply into this problem.