But technically couldn't the application developer do this already?  They
could just add another init-param to the Servlet which specified a
Resources class other than the default.  The servlet writter would simply
use this resource bundle instead, getting it's messages from there.

You could have something like UIResource and ServletResource classes.  The
UIResource class would be the one you set in the ActionServlet's
application init-param, and the ServletResource class can be loaded
programatically by the servlet writter based on some custom init-param
which specified the class name.

Craig T.

--
I've been trying to change the world for years, but they just won't give me
the source code....

begin:vcard
n:Tataryn;Craig
tel;home:952-884-6752
tel;work:952-842-5576
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.computer-programmer.org
org:Compuware;Professional Division
adr:;;3600 West 80th St. Suite 400;Bloomington;MN;55431;United States of America
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Senior Staff Analyst
fn:Craig Tataryn