On Wed, 2 May 2001, Colin Sampaleanu wrote:

> I spent an hour or so scratching my head trying to figure out why Struts
> builds ok with Ant 1.3, but with 1.4 fails to copy over struts.jar into the
> distributables. It is because the build scripts use the "available" task to
> check for the existence of directories, and whereas Ant 1.3 had one
> attribute, "file", that worked for both files and dirs, Ant 1.4 expects you
> to use "file" and "dir" respectively.
>
> The patches below simply make a note of the incompatibility...

I'm going to go ahead and apply these, but I've heard that the Ant crowd
is going to fix this by re-enabling backwards compatibility on the
available task.  Thanks to GUMP, we found out that they broke a *lot* of
build scripts when they made that change :-).

Personally, I'm going to stick with released versions of Ant -- I do
enough bleeding edge stuff already.