At 03:44 PM 5/11/01, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

>On 11 May 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > mschachter    01/05/11 15:33:38
> >
> >   Modified:    src/share/org/apache/struts/action Action.java
> >                         ActionServlet.java
> >                src/share/org/apache/struts/upload
> >                         DiskMultipartRequestHandler.java
> >                src/share/org/apache/struts/util RequestUtils.java
> >   Added:       src/share/org/apache/struts/upload
> >                         MultipartRequestWrapper.java
> >   Log:
> >    - Added the MultipartRequestWrapper class, which is a class that
> implements
> >      HttpServletRequest and wraps a normal request.  All normal
> HttpServletRequest
> >      methods will be called to the underlying request, except for
> methods involving
> >      parameters, which were over-ridden to provide a transparent way of
> accessing
> >      multipart elements.  The version of the HttpServletRequest is
> Servlet 2.2, however
> >      the new methods from Servlet 2.3 are also included in this class
> with empty
> >      implementations so that Struts will build against the servlet 2.2
> and 2.3 jars
>
>One thing to remember in 2.2 is that you cannot pass your wrapped request
>object to a RequestDispatcher.forward() or RequestDispatcher.include()
>call.  In Tomcat 3.x, for example, you'd get a ClassCastException error if
>you tried to use this in an RD call.

You mean if I have an Action that is invoked via POST with a file upload,
and I try to forward from there using mapping.findForward("nextAction"),
where the forward has redirect="false, this will fail? This would be very
bad - in every case where we have a file upload, we subsequently forward to
another action.

--
Martin Cooper