On Mon, 21 May 2001, Johan Compagner wrote:

> There is only one problem left.
>
> And that is the handling of a null pointer.
> Because it could be the case that the iterator iterates and get's a null value back.
> then a nullpointer exception would be thrown.
>
> In the previous release (without the toString()) this was also not handled very well.
> Because in the html you would get a option with a null string value of label. (and i
>think it should be "")
> Maybe it never happens (null) but?

I looked into that when doing the patch.  Because these calls are all
protected by hasNext() checks, IMHO you are guaranteed that there really
will be a next element.  Therefore, the only way you can get a null back
is if your collection itself contains a null element.  This is legal in
the general case of Java development, but it's hard to say what a null
value should mean in the context of an <html:options> tag.  What do you
think the behavior should be in that case?